Salmon Agency - Oviedo Insurance - Florida Auto, Home, Life

Salmon Insurance | Business Property Insurance


You work hard to be successful. Protect your assets and all you've built. Your business needs to be protected financially from the loss of buildings, equipment and business personal property in the event of fire, theft or other covered types of damage or destruction. If your business involves servicing other people's property, you should have protection while it's in your possession. Beyond physical damage to property, it's important to also protect your business from lost income resulting from a covered loss.

Coverage solutions to fit unique needs

There are a variety of coverage options to help protect your business. You can select from our partial list of insurance protection options below to learn more about each. To discuss specific property and equipment protection needs for your business, email, call, visit us or request a business quote online. Our trusted associates will help you to develop a custom protection plan that fits your business needs:

Do you run a business from your home?

Today, home operated businesses are ever increasing in number. What many home business owners may not realize is that homeowners insurance has a variety of exclusions for business property kept at or in the owner's home or in their personal vehicle. If you run a home business, make sure you have proper coverage to protect you from financial hardship.


Property insurance pays for losses and damages to real or business personal property from a variety of "perils" (occurrences that result in damage or destruction). Insurance can be purchased in a package covering a different combination of causes of loss, or you may purchase components separately depending on your specific needs. While covered perils vary depending on the policy you purchase, generally it provides for repair or replacement caused by the following:
back to top


If you lease your commercial space and have made significant improvements, you should have insurance with specified coverage limits to pay for damage.

back to top


Business Interruption Insurance & Extra Expense

: Business Interruption Insurance & Extra Expense: A loss situation could result in your business not being able to operate for a period of time. If a covered situation causes you to close for three months, business interruption insurance covers expenses and lost income including net profits, rents, salaries and other expenses for that period of time. This type of insurance can also provide protection for setting up a temporary business operation as well as a variety of other costs. There are a variety of options available with this coverage.

back to top


Antique & Fine Arts Dealer's Coverage

: As an antique dealer, your needs are unique due to the type of inventory you have and where it might be located - on your premises, at auctions or on exhibit, or in transit. We offer a program designed especially for your industry through a standard insurance company that is more flexible and cost-effective than surplus lines alternatives. We will work with you to find the most appropriate valuation options depending on your needs.

back to top


Boiler and Machinery Breakdown

: Boiler and Machinery Breakdown This coverage protects you if machinery or other equipment breaks down, causing property damage or a business interruption loss.

back to top


Builder's Risk Insurance

: If you're building a new commercial or residential property, builder's risk insurance covers structures while in the process of being constructed. If a partially completed building is destroyed in a fire, builder's risk insurance covers your losses. It can be purchased for one specific project or multiple ongoing projects.

back to top


Contractor Equipment Insurance

: As a contractor you may carry tools, equipment, spare parts and other items important to your profession in a vehicle that moves with you. An automobile policy doesn't cover your business equipment, so you need special coverage. There are options to cover specific equipment or purchase a blanket policy depending on your needs.

back to top


Contractor Installation Insurance

: As a contractor, electrician, plumber or other artisan, you may install some expensive materials or units as part of your job. You may need this type of coverage for damage or losses that could occur during installation as well as losses that can occur during transportation or temporary storage prior to installation.

back to top


Debris Removal Insurance

: If your building burns down, you will have to remove the remains of the old building before you can begin new construction. Basic property insurance covers costs to rebuild, but not debris removal. Debris removal insurance pays for removing debris after a covered loss to ease the rebuilding process.

back to top


Ordinance or Law Insurance

: Building property insurance only pays for replacement value not upgrade costs. If you own an older building that is partially destroyed by a covered loss, you may find that local codes require it to be brought up to current building code standards during the rebuilding process. For example, you could be required to put in an elevator to comply with access requirements for the disabled. Not having this coverage could be financially devastating.

back to top


Service or Care of Other's Property

: If your business involves the service, repair or storage of other people's property, you need Bailee insurance protection in the event that it is lost or damaged while in your care. This coverage provides comprehensive protection in most situations, even if the property is away from your facility or is stolen. Another option is "personal property of others" coverage; however, it has more limitations and may not be the best choice depending on your line of business. Typically this type of protection is purchased by auto mechanics, computer technicians, dry cleaners, jewelers, veterinarians and more.

back to top


Crime Insurance

: Depending on the value of business assets your company owns or your exposure for financial theft from employees or outsiders, this may be a coverage option to consider. Even if your basic property insurance policy covers crime situations, you may want higher protection limits for your business.

back to top


Transportation & Property in Transit

: Transit and transportation insurance needs can vary significantly depending on your business. You may need insurance coverage for a specific single shipment or an open policy that covers all shipments and movement during your policy term. You may need insurance protection for all types of shipments by any carrier including third-parties or require only domestic transit coverage. Coverage is also available if your company is the provider of transportation services and requires protection while shipping cargo or household goods for others.

back to top